Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-VYASA in short) is a Deemed to be University recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development through University Grants Commission, Government of India, under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956. S-VYASA is a Premier and Exclusive Yoga University in the world. It is known for its Research, Quality Education and Yoga based Clinical Services
Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (VYASA in short) is a not for profit, society registered under Societies Registration Act 1956. The Vision was to make Yoga a Socially relevant science by bringing the best of the east (ancient wisdom) with the best of the west (scientific research).
With Anusandhana (Research) as the main objective, VYASA created the first ever exclusive Yoga Therapy Hospital (Holistic Healing Center) in 1978. Its first research publication on the use of Yoga therapy in the management of Bronchial Asthma published in British Medical Journal paved the way for Evidence based Yoga therapy in the world. Recognized as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization by the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, Government of India, with special income tax exemption status under Section 35 I (ii) for research funding, VYASA has been the main contributor to the world scientific literature on Yoga with 350 publications.
So far, VYASA has created more than 18 Disease specific Yoga therapy modules, published Books and DVDs, Conducted 20 international conferences, and has its activities spread across 24 countries across the world.
The advantage of becoming a yoga instructor is unique in itself. You can teach not only the interested students of a class but your family members and neighbours with ease, without being sceptical about the topic. YIC will also enable you to venture into deeper aspects of yoga, and its applications in daily life.
Your association with VYASA, SVYASA and Vivekananda Yoga makes you stand out from the rest.
The BIRTH of Vivekananda Yoga Program® is attributed to a team of dedicated people from S-VYASA. They have been adopting the most original forms of yoga, customized them for a practice that will achieve various positive health objectives. The effectiveness of all of VY programs has been validated through the western science testing methodology. The success comes from years of in-house research and also through their cooperative research with many credible universities and research centers around the world over the past three decades.
Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-VYASA in short) is a Deemed to be University recognized by the Ministry of Human Resource Development through University Grants Commission, Government of India, under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956. S-VYASA is a Premier and Exclusive Yoga University in the world. It is known for its Research, Quality Education and Yoga based Clinical Services.
The University is recognized as:- Category ‘A’ University by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India
- A center for Excellence in Yoga by the Department of AYUSH, Government of India
- A center for Advanced Research in Yoga and Neurophysiology by Indian Council of Medical Research
- Department of Science and Technology Sponsored Laboratory under FIST scheme and the Cognitive Neuroscience Initiative scheme.
- Central Research Facility for AYUSH studies by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of Karnataka
- ISO-9001-2008 Organisation
- NAAC Accredited University
CollaborationsUniversity has its National and International Collaborations
• MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
• University of California, San Francisco
• University of Melbourne
• Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
• Dali University, China
• Shanghai University of Sports, China
• The International Federation of Yoga, Belgrade, Serbia
• The International Yoga Federation, Lisbon, Portugal
• The Istanbul Yoga Institute, Istanbul, Turkey
• The Vivekananda Yoga Institute, Japan
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
• National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore
• Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Health Care Global, Bangalore
• Children’s University, Gujarat
• Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar, Gujarat
• Ramachandra Medical College, Chennai
• Amritha University, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu